Monday, January 4, 2016

Blog 12: Holiday Project Update



1.  It is important to consistently work on your senior project, whether it is break or we are in school.  What did you do over the break with your senior project?

- I spent some time with my mentor and we fished in the cold winter. We even attempted a trip to Big Bear to fish in the snow and we also fished at local lakes with fly fishing poles. We worked together on improving on ur fly fishing skills as well.


2.  What was the most important thing you learned from what you did, and why?  What was the source of what you learned?


- The most important thing i learned was how to get the perfect whip in order to get the most distance possible out of my cast as it is very hard to fly fish.

3.  Your third interview will be a 10 question interview related to possible answers for your EQ. Who do you plan to talk to and why?


- What type of fly gear should I use to catch the fish?
- What approach should I use especially with line sizes?
- What patterns would work best for certain species>
- How can you scout out a stream or lake to fly fish in honey holes.
- What type of fishing is the best? Fly, Spinning or Conventional?
- What size baits are best for certain species?
- What's the safest way to catch and release a fish?
- Why do some fly's work better at certain times than others?
- How can I revive the fish if it is dying and doesn't want to swim away?
- What's the most valuable piece of information you would tell me?

-I'm planning on asking these questions because I want to focus more on the safety of fish and also fly fishing in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment